Monday, 26 February 2007

Not again!
My place doesn't have a great deal of storage space, so I tend to store a lot of stuff under my bed. I was rummaging around tonight looking for a particular file of uni stuff, when I opened a lever arch file only to discover...TEETH MARKS!!! It looks like I've got a housemate(s) and no it's not the first time. The cardboard on the inside of the file seems to have been gnawed at. I'm thinking that if I have company, they probably wandered in one day when I left the back door open to air the place. I'm rather freaked to be honest, I'm not particularly fond of little rodents taking up residence unannounced,unwanted and rent-free in my place. I've set a trap in the corner of my bedroom with some chocolate, surely that would be too hard to resist? And right now I'm seriously considering sleeping on the sofa. It's the uncertainty of these situations that's rather tricky. If the trap yields no results does that mean there was no mouse in the first place? Or do they have extraordinary willpower and the canniness to know all is not as it seems and avoid getting caught in the trap? If I do catch one, how many more are there? And where all have they been , do I need to douse the whole flat in bleach? ...Groan, there's never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only one trap? I'd buy four of those cheap wooden ones, stick them in various rooms and slap Mars bar on them... I killed a party of three in one night with that recipe!! Good luck...