One week in
Well I have now completed 7 days in my new job and so far so good. I don’t feel completely settled yet, part of me is still a bit freaked out that I’m working for the church! And I’m a little intimidated about what’s expected of me. But it’s early days and anyway this past week has kind of been a strange one in Church House with PCI’s annual General Assembly taking place. The place was overloaded with ministers running round the place – always a bit overwhelming! I sat in on a few of the debates and actually it was all quite interesting – seeing how they operate proceedings, hearing contributions from the floor. I didn’t agree with everything that was said, but I was impressed with the spirit of good-humour, even in the more intense debates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey Debs, i too was at the general assembly on wednesday all day. I spotted you on the other side of the balcony during the church house sell or not sell debate! Alas by that stage in the day i was losing the will to live!!! I know you have the PYP launch nite on this wed and i really would have liked to make it along to hear what it's all about but unfortunately i can't be there. I hope it goes well for you though!
hey neil! Sorry I didn't get the chance to speak to you last Wednesday - I left at 5pm, I was intrigued to know the outcome but had had enough by that stage!
Thanks for all your good wishes, no doubt I'll soon be selling PYP to you and fellow PCI colleagues! Hope things are going good in Waringstown.
Post a Comment