Saturday, 10 June 2006
I was kayaking with the club today on the Craigavon Lakes – great day’s weather for it, the water was just the right temperature. In the morning there were some beginner kids out with us, then in the afternoon we were doing some skills stuff. One of the exercises we did was to fill our boats up with water, practice high braces and try to stay upright. Kind of freaky at the start, I kept kind of panicking a bit because the nose of my boat was just heading for the bottom and I was having to fight the temptation to just bail out of the boat. But it was a really good way for me to try and grasp the high brace and work on my balance. Great workout for the abs, no doubt I’ll be feeling it tomorrow! Actually I’m feeling it now – I’m bushed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment