Monday, 3 October 2005

Jobless but trying to be purposeful
I am now entering my 4th week of unemployment and to be honest it’s getting a bit frustrating. It was ok at first - it’s not as if I have nothing to do, there’s plenty I can be getting on with like filling in job application forms and sorting out stuff round the house – today I’m wallpaper-stripping. But the jobless thing is beginning to get on my nerves a bit now. And more than that the old finances aren’t very healthy! I guess I just gotta keep trusting and listening out for what God wants me to learn …and for who he wants me to be. The temptation is to get preoccupied with life’s details e.g. getting the bills paid every month and focussing on ‘doing’ rather than ‘being’. But as the message of Rick Warren’s book says, my purpose in life is not to make a living - it’s more about who I am as a person: "After learning to love God (worship), learning to love others is the second purpose of your life." (p.125 The Purpose-Driven Life) Not easy though!

No comments: