Feeling hip
Oh…my…word! I think I now know what it feels like to be an 80year old in need of a hip replacement. I was out today for my second kayaking lesson from about 10-3pm (though not on the water all that time) and I could barely walk across the carpark when I left. I had to nip into Tesco’s for a few groceries afterwards and I thought sure somebody was going to come up to me asking if I wanted a wheelchair! Amazingly I definitely felt an improvement on my efforts last week but I think I need to do some major work on strengthening my hips and being able to hold my breath. One of the instructors was trying to show me how to use the low brace so that I could steady myself if about to capsize. Of course I capsized and then couldn’t get out of the blinkin boat, so for a split second I panicked and had visions of being given a session of mouth to mouth. Thankfully I managed to get out of the water! Apparently it’s all in the hip action – the ‘hip flick’ – so I think that’s what I’ll need to concentrate on for a few weeks. Next week we’re getting to join the club and head to a river – scary biccies! But hey, I'm lovin' it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment