Paddle at the ready
On Saturday I went kayaking for the first time in donkeys years. I thought I was going to get an absolute foundering today, but actually it wasn’t too bad and I have to say that despite my lack of skill (particularly at going in a straight line and doing ‘low braces’), I had a lot of fun! Kayaking has been something I’ve always wanted to get into but never really had the time or just never got around to it. I decided when I was in China that life would seem a little drab when on arrival back home, and I should treat myself to a lesson or two and join a club. My dream would be to do some sea kayaking trips in the likes of New Zealand/Alaska/Canada/Vietnam etc … I’ll keep dreaming!
Incidentally (and rather randomly), this is my 150th post in 2 and a half years of blogging since April '03. Nice round figure. Have to say I quite enjoy the whole blogging thing, though I wish a few more mates would join in the fun, especially some more N Irish folk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment