Friday, 8 April 2005

Working-life recommences!
I’ve got a job! Woo-hoo!!! I found out just yesterday afternoon that Eason’s are going to take me on as a Retail Assistant. Relief or what?! I was thinking I was going to have to start living on Weetabix or something! The post is just temporary to start off with as it’s covering someone on maternity leave, but there is the possibility it may become permanent. It’s just 20 hours a week which will ease me back into work-mode. I don’t want to go back and do too much too soon and end up overdoing things again. I don’t know the shifts yet so I’m hoping I don’t have to do too many evenings but we’ll see what happens. My first day is Monday – scary biscuits! It’ll be my first day of work in just over 6 months – weird or what?! I think it will be a fairly busy job which is a good thing – I’d crack up having to twiddle my thumbs all day. But hopefully it will be the kind of job that when I come home I won’t have to think about it and will be able to completely switch off. And there should be plenty of opportunities for people-interaction which will help me regain my confidence. Having said that, the last few times I’ve been in town or the supermarket, I’ve been feeling a lot less nervous so that’s great. It’s all a bit nerve-wracking, and I still don’t know the big picture, but I think I’m headed the right direction.

No comments: