Wednesday, 26 November 2008

I love the West Wing. I first got into it about halfway through Season 1 when it was airing for the first time on Channel 4. I got to watch most of Season 2 but then it switched to More 4 or RTE and I didn’t have cable/satellite and actually it totally passed me by that there were 7 full seasons made of the show in total. I was chuffed when friends leant me seasons 1-3. Season openers and finales are always so good but last night I finished watched season 2 with the epic ‘Two Cathedrals’ episode. Absolutely awesome viewing. Although I’d seen this episode before I appreciated more the second time round just how good an episode this is with brilliant acting from Martin Sheen in particular. And the final Brothers in Arms sequence is inspired – a bit of Dire Straits is always hard to beat. It’s probably illegal that it’s on Youtube but seeing as it’s there I’ll share it here:

No comments: