Then We Came to the End...I just finished this book the other night and found it to be a good read. I'd picked it up at the airport in Newark on my way back from Arizona and was attracted by the reviews. For about the first 50 pages or so I was struggling - it wasn't that it was difficult to read or to get into but it was more that I just thought the characters were very unlikeable and maybe even a bit unworthy. But then...I got into it and got wrapped up in the lives and stories of the characters who were fairly ordinary (note I used the word ordinary not normal haha!) and were just trying to survive the 9-5 with some dignity and self-respect. It's the author's first novel (tho' he's done a number of short stories before this) and I liked his style of writing in the first person plural, definitely adds to the office environment he portrays. All in all, it's funny, very clever and touching.



No comments:
Post a Comment