Lake-living
Well I've now made it to Michigan, I've been officially on my holidays as of Wednesday and I'm getting to hang out with w/ good friends, John & Abbey, which is just brilliant. It's a good bit cooler here than Virginia. When I left the hotel in DC on Wednesday morning at it was 77 degrees Fahrenheit at 9am but I've had to get back into jeans and sweaters here. However it seems like it's warming up today and there's plenty of sunshine.
John took me to the beach at Tunnel Park on Wednesday evening, just before sunset. It was so beautiful and it's kind of hard to get your head round the fact that you're looking at a lake not a sea, it's huge! The sand is pristine clean. Yesterday Abbey and I did a little hike through the forest at Saugatuck which led us out onto the beach, and again it was just idyllic. The last time I visited J&A I did a little afternoon trip to Saugatuck, it was mid-January and it was pretty much blowing a blizzard. The lake was frozen that time and I think I managed to spend all of 5 minutes admiring what I could see of the lake before making a beeline for some indoor warmth! It's kind of cool to see this area at a warmer and greener time of year!
Last night we went to a little gig in Grand Rapids where a friend of J&A's was doing support - Josh Schicker, he's got a great voice. There was another support act, Ernie Halter and then the main band of the night was Tyrone Wells. It was a really enjoyable night, these guys played some great tunes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment