Irish in America
If I had a pound for the amount of times that people tell me of their Irish ancestry as soon as they find out where I'm from I could retire!
Tonight a bunch of us went out to eat and as we were getting up to leave, a lady from the next table reached over to me and asked if my T-shirt was an Irish T-shirt - it's a bright green Billabong T-shirt (NB. I'm not fond of buying designer labels but it was a bargain from TK-Maxx!). I said to her that it was probably made in China but that I was from Northern Ireland at which the faces of this lady and her companions lit up with oohs and ahhs as of course they're planning to visit Donegal this year and one gentleman had been to NI twice and loved it. Oh man, it's hilarious here!
Tonight I'm bushed - glad to get to the weekend, we have some time off from classes. My head is just buzzing from all the interaction in the classes with the course participants and the material so once I've got the chance to process it I'll share some learning and thoughts. For now g'night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment