Thursday, 7 December 2006

Taped up

Today I got taped up – not stitched up – literally taped up! I had another session with my physio today – it’s amazing how someone actually walking on your back can be so therapeutic, in a strange kind of way despite the fact that the breath is at times being knocked out of me, I enjoy it! – and she finished by taping my back in such a way as to encourage me not to slouch. My back problem basically stems from the fact I’ve got diabolical posture (too much sitting at desks/computers, even stuff like swimming/cycling) and my shoulders have got rounded causing my spine to get unbelievably stiff. What’s worse is that it now hurts my back muscles to sit up straight – they’ve just weakened with all the slouching. I use a back block to stretch every day and it was funny because a few weeks ago I was in a carpark in Belfast city-centre sorting out some of my gear before heading away on a residential. A random bloke was walking past as I was putting my back block into the boot of my car and called out, “That back block saved my life, keep using it!” I think there’s only 2 physios in NI who recommend the use of a block of wood for back stretches so he must have been to one of them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're gettin old sis!

Debs Erwin said...

Speak for yourself mate! You've got a few years on me! LOL