Wednesday, 29 November 2006

Last night I had a fairly big sense of humour failure when, on the way from the gym in the car, I managed to lose a contact lens. So annoying! However this morning I headed first thing to the optician’s and the lovely people at Specsavers ordered me a new lens and gave me some daily disposables to keep me going in the meantime. So in the spirit of Emma’s thankfulness I’d like to express gratitude for whoever it was who invented contact lenses. They must be one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adolph Fick first thought of making glass contact lenses in 1888, but it took until 1948 when Kevin Tuohy invented the soft plastic lens for contacts to become a reality.

so there!
JiMbO

Debs Erwin said...

Ah-hah! Now I know, muchos gracias!

Stevie P said...

jim needs to get a job!