Sunday, 14 May 2006

Rolled!
Went kayaking yesterday for the first in about a month. We had a skills day on the Craigavon lakes which was actually really good. At first I was feeling like I was getting nowhere and that I should just quit the whole thing. But then in the afternoon I got the chance to work on my roll properly and I’ve finally got the Eskimo rescue sussed – yee-hah! So basically I can capsize and with the help of someone else’s boat, get myself up again. I started working on my high brace (capsizing and getting myself back up using the paddle only) but then we ran out of time. Big achievement for me because it was the fear factor that was preventing me getting anywhere. I still need to work on my hip flick action and I’m way behind everyone else, but I don’t really care – I made progress! The weather was perfect yesterday, the water was even verging on being warm, and my nose got sunburnt.

Somehow though I don't think I'm ready for this...


More here...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know your Kayaking posts are amongst the most exciting blog entries I've ever read... I just love reading an account of someone chasing their dream!! Keep them up - their pure class..