Saturday, 4 March 2006

Heading East!
I am no longer a resident of Dungannon as of yesterday!! Unfortunately I can’t get the keys of the flat I’ve bought in Belfast until next week – a few legal glitches have delayed things so I guess I’m ‘homeless’ at the moment, but parents tend to come in handy for some things! I’m rather frustrated this weekend because I’m in a kind of ‘limbo land’ – everything is in boxes all over the place (most of my belongings are in a cattle-trailer!) and I’m just not good at living in chaos, I like my own space and doing my own thing (in others words I can be a bit of a selfish git, good job I’m single!). But to be honest I couldn’t have done without Mum & Dad this week – they came down on Wednesday & Thursday nights and helped me pack up everything. I’ve been rather stressed to say the least, and there have been a few tears along the way, but hey we’ve got the first stage over. Yesterday Dad was with me when I picked up the last few bits and pieces and dropped off the keys with the estate agent and as we were driving round the town on errands he commented how well I had gotten to know it. It’s true – in the last 5½ years or so I’ve definitely been able to get a good handle on the place. But it’s kind of weird because although I made some really great friends there and definitely plan to keep in touch (I promise I will!), I will not miss the town. I’ll miss Peatlands Park but that’s really it. And that’s kind of sad. In many ways I feel like I gave a lot during my time there but didn’t get a lot back. Maybe it’s not right to have that kind of attitude, maybe there’s some bitterness in there that God needs to sort out, but it’s just the way I feel. Now I should and want to focus on the future and possibilities that may be ahead.

It’s good to move on.

No comments: