City Slicker
I am now a resident of Belfast! I got the keys of my new pad last Thursday and slept there for the first on Saturday night… and I’m loving it! It’s been quite a challenge to fit the contents of a 3-bedroomed semi-detached house into a 2-bedroomed apartment, but I’m getting there and gradually eliminating all the boxes. A few teething problems here and there with my PC, internet access etc, but hopefully I’ll get it sorted properly soon. It’s hard to believe that it was only 7 weeks ago today that I saw the apartment for the first time…and now it’s my home!
-----------
The Family
Last week one of my brothers had a car accident – a guy drove out in front of him. Thankfully my bro was ok, just stiff and sore, but the car was a write-off. On the same day one of my cousin’s, her daughter had a car accident and then a couple of days later, one of my nephews who lives in Vancouver also had a car accident. Thankfully there were no injuries in these accidents either. But what the heck is going on with our family?! Part of me feels like we’re under attack. But then on the other hand God is showing his hand of protection over us which is awesome.
-----------
Time for God to move
Well it looks like my job contract is going to be up at the end of the month. Things could change of course but that’s the lie of the land at the moment. I’m fairly calm about it, I guess the move has been a good distraction. But it’s very scary as my jobseeking to date has not been successful and there’s not a lot out there. I’m under a wee bit of pressure too with the Masters course I’ve been taking as I need to be involved in Youth & Community Work while I’m completing it.
I get a sense that it’s really time for God to move, time for a miracle! There’s part of me which is trying to trust in God, recognise how he works everything out for good for me, how he has plans for my future, how he will equip me to cope with whatever life throws at me. But then there’s another part of me which thinks of all the worst-case scenarios, questions all the decisions I’ve taken in the last year, doubts if God has something in store and whether he’ll come up with the goods or not. I have to remember that at the start of the year I thought I was going to be homeless (well not actually - I would have been living with my Mum & Dad) and now I've got a home - a real answer to prayer! I think I really need to be disciplined in taking time to listen to what God’s saying and doing around me, and if you could send up a prayer for me that would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
this must be the first blog I've read in a month.... good to catch up
Post a Comment