Friday, 4 November 2005

All change
I really don’t know if I’m coming or going this week! On Monday morning I found out that I’ve got a job – woo-hoo!!!! I’m well chuffed – a relief after 7 weeks’ unemployment, & it’s definitely a bit of a God-thing. I start on Monday with the SEELB working as an Adolescent Liaison Officer in an alternative education unit in Bangor. I’m a bit nervous, but really looking forward to getting stuck in and working alongside the young people. Not looking forward to the daily commute, although I’ll stay with my parents a bit to cut down the mileage slightly.

Got the chance to pray with a good friend the other day and it was cool because she felt God saying that he wants to reach out to the young people I’ll be working with through me, and I’m like, wow! For the past wee while I’ve kind of been wondering what God’s thoughts are on my gameplan to pursue youthwork, move house etc. And I haven’t exactly had any visions to state a particular calling or anything. But praying on Wednesday I just realised the work I’ll be doing in Bangor is exactly where my heart is, it is what I’m called to. This time last year I thought I’d never find a sense of calling again or be able to discover my heart. But I realised afresh this week that as God has renewed my heart for him in the valley of the past year, he has renewed my heart to reach out to young people. It’s so cool! I’m really excited about what God is doing in me, and to have reached this point.

And what’s more…I’ve put my house up for sale! I’m looking to move probably to the Belfast area, we’ll see what works out, house prices are nuts. So this week I’ve been working flat this week out to get my house ship-shape and presentable for viewings. It’s kind of ironic – the place is beginning to look more like a proper home just when I’m about to leave, I’m only getting round to putting up lampshades and pictures now! But I’m looking forward to the move, it’s just all the logistics that will make life rather complex over the next couple of months. But then God has got me this far and I know he’s faithful.

No comments: