Feeling (bloody) righteous (sorry that's a v cheesy pun!)
I’m feeling rather good about myself today as I gave blood for the 14th time. I always forget how often you can give, so I checked today and it’s 3 times a year, so I figure if I record it here, I’m less likely to forget. They're always rather desperate for blood donors, in fact:
"While as many as one quarter of the eligible population in Northern Ireland (about two-thirds of the adult population, in the age group 17 – 70 years) may have given blood at one time or other, NIBTS currently has approximately 76,000 active repeat regular donors on its panels .i.e. about 7% of those eligible. Of these in excess of 40,000 may donate in any one year.There is a constant need for recruitment of new donors for renewing the panels and replacement of retired and withdrawn donors." (NIBTS)
So people if you want a wee feel-good rush for free (only 2 pin-pricks and a free cup of tea + biccie) get out there and give some of your red stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment