Island days in the sun
Well I have now made it to Lago Trasimeno, a beautiful lake in Umbria where I stayed last night on a wee island - Isola Polvese. It's so gorgeous! Yesterday afternoon I spent on the beach sunning myself and taking a wee dip every now and then to cool off. The weather is amazing - not a cloud in the sky! The hostel I am staying in is amazing too, the food is sooo good. Got chatting to a Brazilian girl at last night's meal, then also a Canadian couple and an American lady. Discussion got onto the Irish question ...as per usual, then discussion seem to centre around all of America's problems, kind of went round and round in circles from then on and took me a while to get myself extracted! But hey! Oh! I also got propositioned at the beach yesterday. I was in the water, this guy comes along on his own, I'm thinking, hmmm, let's go back to the beach. So I do, of course he follows, comes over introduces himself. An Italian guy, with not much English, he then says, "You come with me?" and points back along the path, and I'm thinking, dream on kiddo! So thankfully he just leaves once I've turned him down - phew!
At the weekend I was in Assisi - checked out St Francis' haunts. Really beautiful place, wee old cobbled streets, cute houses etc. But to be honest I got really tired of doing the tourist trail. Travelled to Perugia Sunday night - took me ages getting there. Then I got on the bus for the hostel not realising how far out of the city it was and ended up getting off the bus too soon - I asked another passenger if the next stop was for the hostel, but I must only have asked if I was on the right bus for the place, so bit of a communication breakdown there! Anyway, I ended up walking for AN HOUR with my rucksack breaking my back! I was so shattered when I got to the hostel - I could have cried! Anyway I left first thing Monday morning, I had originally planned to check out Perugia, apparently there's lots to see, but I just couldn't face walking round more random buildings, so I got to the lake as soon as I could and was on the beach by 3pm! Happy days!
So today I'm heading to Rome to meet a couple of friends, but I've got the morning free to soak up some more sun, not looking forward to going back to crappy Irish weather and I haven't got that much of a tan actually - been on the move so much. But I have no complaints, this has been an amazing experience! Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment