Tuesday, 7 September 2010
A Mighty Night
Last night I saw the mighty Mumford and Sons once again. They were playing the Open House Festival for the second year in a row, in contrast to a year ago they were headlining the festival, and they did not disappoint, in fact they were awesome! I think they get better and better every time I hear them, and on this occasion I didn't have any drunk people falling on top of me, always a bonus. It felt like they gave us a really special gig last night, they played lots of their new material which I really like and one or two unexpected wee numbers like 'After the Storm' from their album which they don't often do live. Their new material seems to continue what they've started in the sense that it's full of heart and soul and the deep and meaningfuls of life. I think what I like most about this band is that they give the impression (and I hope it's the reality) that they're not in this thing to be the flash in the pan latest hot thing in town but rather that they're in it for the music and because they believe in what they're doing from the core of their beings. More power to their elbow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love those guys! Missed every show of the US tour tho :(
Post a Comment