Sunday, 11 October 2009

Editors in Belfast

Ruth & I have been doing well for going to gigs these days – on Wednesday night after some tasty Spanish tapas and a takeaway hot chocoloate to warm our hands, we saw Editors at St George’s Market. We were a bit disappointed with the acoustics and the support act weren’t overly inspiring (just too loud for our wee delicate ears!) but Editors were brilliant!!! Tom Smith’s vocals were so good live – intense and powerful like the music they create. They played all their great tunes from the first two albums and a lot of their new material. I hadn’t been so sure about the new single, Papillon when I’d heard it the first few times on the radio, but on Wednesday night I was sold on it and I’m looking forward to getting the new album, the new stuff is great.

...All Ruth and I need to do now is some research and suss out what's going to be our next gig and all-round good night out!

No comments: