Tuesday, 29 September 2009
Awake my Soul
Ruth & I headed to the Open House Festival on Sunday night to see Mumford & Sons. Laura Marling was headlining the event with support also from The Lowly Knights but it was the 4-piece from London which I was really keen to see. I happened to catch them one day on Radio 1 back in the spring I think, and I had been instantly grabbed by their ‘New Folk’ sound and also the huskiness of the voice of lead singer, Marcus Mumford. About a month ago I noticed from their MySpace they were playing Belfast and made a beeline for the tickets. We were not disappointed – they were awesome! Moving lyrics, voices blending beautifully to give you chills up your spine, passion and flair…this band creates great music which at times makes you want to stomp with joy and at others your soul is stirred by the depths they take you to. I was struck by their humility, I just got the sense that these are 4 guys who want you to like them for their music and not because they’re ‘cool’, and I daresay that’s a rare thing in the music business. I can’t wait to my hands on their debut album and I hope they come back to Belfast soon!
Labels:
Music,
Out and About
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment