Saturday, 25 July 2009

I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight

Last night’s gig was absolutely amazing!!! Man I’d so love to be going tonight again! We managed to get left Belfast at 4pm and were in our seats by about 7.15pm. Glasvegas and Damian Dempsey were doing support – not many took much notice to be honest, and I only knew one of their songs but Glasvegas were a pretty good act. U2 came on at 9pm and performed for 2 hours solid. They did an awesome set. It was class hearing a few blasts from the past like Unforgettable Fire and Desire (which was acoustic along with Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of). Every song was absolutely brilliant, Elevation & Vertigo really got the crowd going. I would have loved to have had a standing ticket but to be honest considering this ticket only came my way on Tuesday I was not complaining! But there was a fairly big empty space at the back of the standing area so I think it was little harder for the people in the tiered seating to get into things. Regardless Ruth & I were loving it and I was singing and dancing my wee heart out! I woke up with Magnificent in my head this morning. It never fails to amaze me just how good U2 are live, it’s phenomenal. The only other U2 gig I’ve been to was the one in Botanic in ’97 but I think this one was even better, it was so good to hear them in Dublin! The stage looked pretty amazing as well. I’ve been given a i-phone with my new job for work purposes (check me out!) so I was taking a few pictures but the quality isn’t brilliant, plus there’s no zoom so that’s a bit pants.To be honest I don't think I can convey adequately just how good last night was, it was something special. I really didn’t want it to end!

(Video clip here of Desmond Tutu's speech used in the ONE campaign plug just before Where The Streets Have No Name)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing concert! I loved it! Desmond Tutu was so inspiring.