Hip JabOn Monday I had an ultrasound for my hip and the radiologist could immediately see the bursitis so gave me a steroid injection on the spot. It was a fairly big needle but although I could feel it going in the whole way, it wasn’t an overly painful experience. Apparently I need to rest as much as possible for the next week and should notice a real difference in the next 2-3 weeks. I spoke to my physio yesterday who told me that I could do upper body stuff at the gym, I’ve been pretty regular doing upper body & core stuff over the last few weeks so a week off will be good for the muscles and I’ll get back to upper body work next Monday. In 2 weeks I can introduce core exercises and then in 4 weeks I can introduce gentle exercise. It’s going to be a slow process but I’m hoping that I can be back to normal maybe by June/July. It’s pretty frustrating having not been able to be as physically active as I’d like since Christmas time and I do feel a bit sluggish, man I haven’t been in my kayak for over 3 months! The guys in the canoe club are away to Scotland today, I’d so love to have been going with them, but I hope they have a good time and that they get good water. I’m also supposed to be going to Nepal on a work trip in just over 4 weeks but the trip is under question as I don’t want to have to do too much walking too soon and undo the effects of the treatment. I’ll be really disappointed if I don’t get to go but I’d far rather have a hip 100% fit for the long-term. For the moment I have to content myself with resting which is a bit boring & I feel like a bit of a prat, but I’ve got work home with me and can lie on the sofa and patter away at the laptop.
In the midst of this I’m reminded that the LORD reigns:
The LORD rules over the floodwaters.
The LORD reigns as King forever.
The LORD gives his people strength.
The LORD blesses them with peace.
Psalm 29:10-11 (NLT)
…The LORD reigns over all – over my hip bursitis, future jobsearch challenges, the trials & tribulations of family relationships, the NI peace process, Darfur…the LORD reigns.



2 comments:
Sorry you weren't able to come to Guysmere but I'm glad that you've getting better even if it is a gradual thing.
Such a truth! He reigns when it pours!
Post a Comment