
Well there’s definite improvement with my hip. I’ve seen a physio & a podiatrist and they’ve been really helpful. Already the exercises & stretches I’ve been set have made a big difference. I’ve been back to the gym 7 times in the last fortnight – using the stationary bike for 20 mins and doing my usual core/light weights/stretches routine for 40 mins. So that has restored my sanity and I don’t feel like I’m completely losing my fitness. I’ll not cycle to work for another week or so and I resisted the urge to go kayaking today – I just want to give my hip as much of a chance as possible to heal up. One of the exercises I’ve been given uses a foam roller – a fairly innocuous piece of kit, but believe me rolling up and down the illiotibial band (vocabulary expansion comes for free with injury) hurts like heck! I can just about manage 2 mins on each leg. I don’t know how the young blade in the picture above is managing to keep a smile on her face! Anyway, hopefully the improvement will continue. I’m not desperate to get back to running but it would be nice to be able to go for the odd run (emphasis on the word ‘odd’ big sis!) just for variety. Ultimately the important thing for me is to be able to go kayaking and hillwalking.
(Photo courtesy of The Loft Pilates Studio)



3 comments:
I have to say I admire your courage in visiting these health professionals. I'm always too nervous and fear I'm going to get ripped off. Would you recommend your physio?
My physio was recommended to me by a friend who is a physio, so it was a good recommendation I trusted. It's expensive but they know what they're talking about. Dundonald Sports Physio, they'll be in the phonebook.
Many thanks...
Post a Comment