Oops!
It's only 3rd November and already I've missed a day of NaBloPoMo! Yesterday just got a little hectic despite good intentions. Ah well, let's see if I can make 29 days out of the 30!
Last night I was speaking at a Youth Service in Dromore which went well. During the course of my talk I mentioned how I get a bit of road rage from time to time and how I felt that if i really got to grips with my identity in Christ a bit better I'd probably not get so riled at other drivers and be more gracious. A guy came up to me at the end and recommended taking this approach: when someone cuts you off or whatever just say, "Hmm. That was interesting. It's not the way I would do it but there you go." By that stage your desire to growl/scream/shout/shake your fist etc should have dissipated and you can drive merrily on your way. The guy made me laugh so I will endeavour to put his advice into practice and see what happens!
Monday, 3 November 2008
Labels:
Words of Wisdom,
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Interesting advice.
I guess flicking the V's and shouting "****hole" isn't a Christ-like response, so I shall also try to put his advice into practice.
Dinger
Yes, I seem to remember hearing you scream, "Indicate, people! Indicate!" a few times while driving through the loveley wee town of Dungannon. I suffer from the same "road rage" malady, however. You just never got to witness it since I never drove! Come to America. . . I'll show you!
Post a Comment