Tuesday, 23 September 2008

On the road for home...
Well I'm back in the fierce heat of Phoenix (100 degrees F), I left Show Low this morning and dropped off one of Paddy's sisters and her daughter at the airport then got checked into a nearby hotel. My flight goes out tomorrow fairly early so I didn't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn and deal with rush-hour traffic, I think I'm just about 15 minutes away from the airport here which is pretty handy. I was dying to get another walk up some hills today as I haven't had any proper exercise since I was at the Grand Canyon last Wednesday and just to soak up some of the great scenery and get my head showered, but to be honest I was a bit bushed by the time I got to the hotel and I've just been taking it easy. I'm near to Arizona State University and took a drive down there to find some grub. Found a wee pizza place, Otto's, where I had a huge plate of tasty spaghetti & homemade sauce for just $7 - hard to beat. So I'm going to read for a while then hit the hay before getting my butt into gear tomorrow morning. I'm not looking forward to all the travelling tomorrow and the prospect of jetlag but heigh ho it's been a great trip and worth it. I'll do an update on what I've been up to over the last few days and the wedding etc when I get home and have discovered which way is up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its been ages since I've done a blog-crawl and its great to see you bloggin away! Looking forward to the photos!