Arizona Photos
I enjoyed driving round Phoenix, there were mountains pretty much every direction you looked.

This was a view from
Camelback mountain which I climbed, unfortunately my camera was playing up so I didn't get many photos, but I absolutely loved it. Below is a photograph from
Summitpost which gives you a better idea of what it's like:


This was Sedona which was just stunning. It's kind of a spread out town but the road you can see on the right leads you right through it. How amazing would it be to live there and drive past those kinds of views on your way to work everyday? Bound to lower the blood pressure!

Cathedral Rock - awesome!

The landscape at Cathedral Rock.

A view from Cathedral Rock.

Me at Cathedral Rock!

Can you tell that I got trigger-happy with the camera?

This just shows how steep it was to get up and down Cathedral Rock, thankfully there were some footholds cut into the slickrock. If you look carefully you can see someone dressed in pink sitting on the rocks, she was one of the New Agers I met and mentioned in a previous post!

At
Slide Rock State Park I spotted a couple of guys about to jump into the water. It was a fairly big drop...I don't know if I could do it. One of the guys was trying to encourage the other to go for it and he was having a hard time getting himself going, the other guy would try to count him down and then he would take a step but immediately step back. I felt nervous for him! Eventually he did it - fair play!

Slide Rock State Park is a popular swimming spot - lots of natural little water chutes and perfect for the whole family, a good place to cool down.

I enjoyed taking a walk along the West Fork Trail through Oak Creek Canyon, a total contrast to the broad vistas of the Cathedral Rock trail.

It was nice to get my feet cooled off in the stream as I went along the trail.

And at this point my camera decided to call it a day which was a shame as there were a couple of place where the red rock hung over the stream and you could see how it had been worn away by the creek over time.

I wasn't sure what the results would be but I took a couple of pictures with my mobile phone camera (remember the days when we thought 3.1 megapixel was good?!) on the offchance I might get something half-decent. This was a view of the San Francisco peaks near Flagstaff on the day I walked up to the Inner Basin.

This was a view on the way down the forest road, Arizona landscapes are just stunning.

Again this was a bit of a hit-and-hope shot at the Grand Canyon, but I guess my shadow proves that I was there! This was taken at Cedar Ridge on the South Kaibab Trail, I could have sat there for hours.

This is also taken at Cedar Ridge, man I just have to go back there and do the Canyon properly!
No comments:
Post a Comment