
A bit of surf
Went kayak surfing on Thursday, my first time in the kayak for about 4 weeks, I’m definitely having withdrawal symptoms these days. We went to White Rocks having scouted both East & West Strands in Portrush. The surf wasn’t huge and kind of came and went but there was enough to get our faces wet! At the start I was having difficulty catching waves so there were 3 occasions when I was at the top of the wave and it somersaulted me right over and I got a bit of a thrashing. It was fine though, you’re just glad of your helmet! And it’s a lot easier rolling up in the surf, sometimes the waves help you get back up. I took a break for about 5 minutes to stretch, got back on, then remembered I should lean back when trying to catch a wave and after that I got on a lot better. So it was a good day’s craic and nice to get some action. Oh and we also spotted a porpoise playing around us. I was slightly freaked out when I saw the black fin sail through the water at first but hoped that even if it was a shark my paddle could provide good self-defence!
(Photo courtesy of today's West Bay Surfboards' surfcam)



1 comment:
Soooo jealous of ya, very cool indeed!
Post a Comment