View of Trassey Trail from Hare's Gap
Decided to go up Slieve Bearnagh yesterday - another new walk for me - and the scenery was fantastic! Unfortunately my camera batteries died after a couple of shots but hopefully there will be another time. It was extremely windy at the top, the wind almost blew me up the mountain and coming down I felt like I was in a wind tunnel. There were loads of Duke of Edinburgh groups out and some really looked like they were struggling - I remember those days! Hillwalking would not have been in my top 10 of favourite things to do as a 14-year old! Anyway I was really glad to get out for the dander.



1 comment:
Loads of our young people have been DoE-ing lately and come back looking knackered..... reminds me of how I looked knackered after mine too! I was so tiny, my rucksack was about 2/3 the height of me and in my group I had the tent to carry... bulky heavy! Good times all the same
Post a Comment