Monday, 14 April 2008


Well can you credit that it’s officially 5 years to the day since I started blogging?! I can’t compete with prolific bloggers such as Ruthebabes who hit 200 posts after just 8 months and makes my 306 posts seem like a particularly feeble and paltry offering! I really have to be in the mood to write. Sometimes I’ll have an idea for something but I just don’t have the time and the moment passes, and often there are just other things calling for my attention.

I think when I started out to do this I thought it would be a great place to share thoughts and a few perspectives of the journey. It certainly has been that although to be honest I feel less comfortable these days about putting my deepest and most personal thoughts out in the public domain. At times recently I’ve been questioning the continued existence of this wee plot on cyberspace. But I think my feeling at the moment – however selfish it sounds – is that this blog provides a place for me to put down some markers, particularly in terms of travelling and kayaking, so that I don’t forget them. And if other people enjoy reading these things well then that’s a bonus. The spiritual stuff, well these days it’s only if I feel brave enough to share! Plus I think I’m a lot more content these days and I don’t feel the same pressure to ponder stuff ... So who knows what the future will hold?

(Any feedback will be welcomed particularly if you can tell me how to put pictures of books in my links section. I’ve also tried the new Blogger template customization thingymabobber but it didn’t lend itself to some things like my Picturetrail slideshow and ‘My Wanderings’ section.)

The picture comes courtesy of Rolf Hicker Photography

3 comments:

Ruth Strong said...

Quality not quantity Debs ;o) I post a whole pile of rubbish on my blog!

Anyways I've not idea how to do the pictures of books thing other than to set up an html box and link the image of the book to wherever... amazon etc. Tho has amazon links in her sidebar along with photos tho it looks like she's also getting money from amazon for each clickthrough or something too.

Neil Harrison said...

try shelfari for your book links. Thats what i use. its very simple and user friendly. keep blogging!

Unknown said...

Funny I've recently been having a lot of similiar thoughts when it comes to blog... Lets do coffee soon sis!