He gets everywhere!
Canoe Club was cancelled on Saturday so I decided to take advantage of the good weather and headed to the Mournes. I climbed Slieve Binnian, I’ve never been up there before. Unfortunately by the time I got to the top some cloud had come down so visibility was restricted and I didn’t get to enjoy the views there. But after a spot of lunch I headed on along the crest passing lots of huge rocky outcrops. I rounded one corner and lo and behold there was a film crew and William Crawley in the middle of a shoot! Two people crossed my path, I thought at first they were walkers and they said hi, and I commented, “He gets everywhere doesn’t he!” It was at that point that I noticed the walkie-talkie in the woman’s hand and realised they were with the film crew. Felt slightly wick! So I hurried on my way – I wasn’t feeling particularly photogenic after puffing and panting my way up to the top – and then came across another couple, this time definitely walkers and I warned them what was going on up ahead. They had been wondering what all the fuss was about having heard a helicopter flying around and we lamented our escape to the country being spoiled by noisy choppers! As I came round the other side of the North Tor of Binnian the cloud lifted and I got some fantastic views of the mountains surrounding me. I was kicking myself for having forgotten my camera. Ben Crom reservoir was looking a little low in water – it’s not just kayakers that want more rain! It was so great to get out of the city and get away from everything. Being surrounded by the mountains did my heart good. I felt alive.
Thursday, 8 November 2007
Labels:
Hillwalking,
Out and About
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment