I kind of surprised myself today - I took a notion for going for a run...so I did! When I got home from work I pulled on the running shoes and set off up the road. Thought I would try to do a wee circular route which I figured would take me 30-40 minutes. After about 15 minutes, I was thinking I should just turn back, that maybe it was further than I'd thought. But I did a few stretches then got going again, and completed the run in 37 minutes, so I was pretty chuffed. I haven't gone jogging in probably at least 4 years. I tend to avoid it because I've got dodgy ankles and I'd rather do stuff that's kinder to my joints. But I have to say I quite enjoyed my wee outing tonight! I don't think it's going to become a regular part of my routine, tho' I've often thought about doing a relay marathon or 10k for charity or something, but I figure I'll maybe do it again once a month or whenever the notion takes me.
Friday, 5 January 2007
I kind of surprised myself today - I took a notion for going for a run...so I did! When I got home from work I pulled on the running shoes and set off up the road. Thought I would try to do a wee circular route which I figured would take me 30-40 minutes. After about 15 minutes, I was thinking I should just turn back, that maybe it was further than I'd thought. But I did a few stretches then got going again, and completed the run in 37 minutes, so I was pretty chuffed. I haven't gone jogging in probably at least 4 years. I tend to avoid it because I've got dodgy ankles and I'd rather do stuff that's kinder to my joints. But I have to say I quite enjoyed my wee outing tonight! I don't think it's going to become a regular part of my routine, tho' I've often thought about doing a relay marathon or 10k for charity or something, but I figure I'll maybe do it again once a month or whenever the notion takes me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Nice one... but not for me yet ;-)
Post a Comment