Sunday, 24 December 2006

THE KING IS COMING!

Now that I’m going to a church fellowship with Church of Ireland roots there’s been more emphasis on the season of Advent in the past few weeks and I’ve found it really meaningful. There is so much comfort in the thought that the King is coming – not only has the fully Divine come and lived as a fully human being, but there is also the reminder that He’s coming back for good on a day when ‘all colours will bleed into one’. It kinda makes you wonder about how we’re using our time on the planet so I’ve been thinking about the kinds of things I am waiting for and things I spend a normal week waiting for. Here’s what I came up with:

  • The weekend
  • The next kayaking trip
  • To get my masters complete
  • My next big adventure overseas
  • The holidays
  • The bus
  • 5 o’clock
  • My own kayak
  • Jesus to come again
  • Marriage?
  • To see John and Abbey in the States
  • To go home – my heavenly home
  • For the realisation of my dreams
  • To visit a kid I sponsor through Compassion in Rwanda
  • Internal peace
  • My bath/shower to get fixed
  • My turn at the supermarket checkout

If I’m honest I don’t think I spend much time at all thinking about Jesus’ return. At work I’m so used to making plans for next year, scheduling work commitments well into the year etc when really who knows what’s round the corner? Waiting is more of an active than a passive thing, we have to push through in prayer for the Kingdom to come…how am I using the time I’ve been given to usher in the Kingdom?

Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Isaiah 64:4

Merry Christmas to one and all!

2 comments:

Stevie P said...

ok go check ur 5 things out!

Anonymous said...

a good blog