Through-other-ness
Yesterday and today have been days which could only best be described as being "through-other". I don't know if that's just a colloquialism or if the expression exists in the Oxford English Dictionary but it fits! I always knew that this week and next would be rather manic with work commitments and study demands etc. But yesterday I discovered I'd made my first big faux-pas in this job having inadvertently chucked some materials for recycling which should have been kept. By 5pm I was thoroughly skunnered and skundered - two more fabulously expressive Irish-isms! Today I was moving office, thankfully just down the corridor, but hadn't quite realised I'd so much stuff. Everything's moved, I can find my way round the boxes to my desk, and my PC is up and running so it's all coming together. By lunchtime I was gradually recovering my temporarily lost sense of humour and went out for lunch with a work colleague to celebrate our successful office move. We went to an Indian on Great Victoria Street - the Ginger Root - it does a 2-course meal plus tea/coffee for £5.50 at lunchtime and was delicious, I recommend. So the plan now is to keep a positive mental attitude and take things one step at a time. Being a panic merchant doesn't get you anywhere!
Wednesday, 25 October 2006
Labels:
Musings,
Out and About
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment