Jetsetting, Koreans and a confession...
Life is quite hectic this week though mostly in a good way. I got home about an hour ago from a facilitator training session for my 'Preparing Youth to be Peacemakers' programme. It was a really good session, pleanty of good discussion and a bit of craic too. Unfortunately tomorrow I need to be at the airport for 6.40am to get to De montfort uni for a module launch. I'm currently printing off the module guide, it's massive and my printer is rather slow. This is my last ever module for the Masters course - happy days. Other than that I've just got the field practice to complete in November and the dissertation, probably next spring - the end is in sight.
Last week I had an interesting afternoon at work meeting a group of Koreans who work for the YMCA and are doing a course with the Korean Christian Peace Institute. They've been doing a tour of various peace initiatives in the British Isles. it was quite a surreal experience for my colleague and I - photos were being snapped of us randomly whilst we gave a presentation on our work, one guy was tapping away on his laptop throughout and another bloke seemed to fall quietly asleep. Everything we said had to be translated by their professor which was quite unnerving when we took questions - you really hadn't a clue what was coming next! But they were a lovely bunch of people and seemed very interested in the stuff we're involved in.
And I have a confession...I am completely and utterly...ADDICTED to...kayaking! We were out on the Blackwater (Near Benburb, Co Tyrone) on Saturday and man I've never seen the water levels so high there. It took us a while getting used to the flow and sheer force of the water but at least there wasn't too much danger of hitting any rocks! I managed a roll in whitewater and boy I was soooo chuffed. At the end of the river run some of us were practicing our rolls again where the water was a little calmer, but I couldn't get it - I think I was thinking too much, I'm maybe better when I'm caught unawares and have to be more instinctive. Thankfully my shoulders, though not 100%, are sticking the pace so far. Can't wait for the next run, the craic is always good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment