I’ve got it!
Today was the day, when it all clicked into place. You couldn’t have wiped the smile from my face today. I’ve been jabbering on about it to anyone listen. Today…[drumroll please] I mastered my ROLL!!!! [Ecstatic applause please] It was a perfect day for kayaking at the Craigavon Lakes and for some reason things just clicked with me. I finally managed to get my brain to communicate with my hips that they needed to flick more to get me upright after a capsize. My paddle position still isn’t great but hey I make it every time now - WOW! I am so chuffed! I even managed to do it when one of the instructors caught me off guard and pushed me in - YEEHAH! I’ve loads to work on, I high brace on one side better than the other, I edge on one side better than the other, and the instructor tried to get me to do 5 rolls on after the other, but I ran out of air after about 3 even though I was getting up each time. We were also doing ‘bucking bronco’ impressions today - bouncing with the front deck and edging on one side then immediately bouncing on the back deck with the edge to the other side - the result should be that you go round and round in circles. For some reason I find it easier to go clockwise rather than anti-clockwise. It’s a great ab work out, no doubt I’ll be feeling it tomorrow!
So yeah, I’m a happy camper! It’s the simple things in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey, I have to admit to not quite understanding all of that Kayaking stuff, but YAY for you, GOOD JOB!
Thanks Chris! It all gets a bit technical for me too especailly on river trips especially when people are talking about eddy-lines, green tongues, holes, ferry-gliding etc!!! I just try to stay afloat!
Post a Comment