Exclusive NewsFlash!
Well I can finally reveal that my new job involves working for the Presbyterian Church in Ireland as a Programme Officer for their Preparing Youth for Peace programme – PCI’s peace & reconciliation project for young people. There have been numerous phonecalls and lots of hassling to get to this point but I’m finally getting to start tomorrow – phew! It’s kind of funny that I’ve got this job because I always said I'd never work for the church so God is making me eat my words… but then who ever said God didn't have a sense of humour?! I'm both scared and excited about it and I don’t quite know what to expect yet. But it's a 3 year post so gives me security which I haven’t had for a while, happy days! I’m very relieved to be joining the workforce once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
ah wow debs that sounds like an amazing job for you! Im very excited that you are joining the flock of Presbyterianism that I'm starting to get used to! Sounds like a great programme so hopefully I'll be utilising your services sometime soon! Hope your first day today went well.
your blogs lookin well these days... lots of wee interesting links worth checking out... Particularly your new article on Relevant - you kept that one quiet girl!!
Congratulations =) =) =)
Had a look at the site, looks like a class project, hope you just love working on it!
bhüet di Gott
hey hey Rachel! I see your Shcweitzer deutsch is coming on well! Good to hear from ya!
Peter...you know I'm a dark horse!
Hey Debs. Congratulations!! I'll miss you popping into THe Edge even though it has been a few months.. Hope it all goes well - you'll be great!
Hey Debs.
Meant to say this for ages: congrats on the new job. It'll go well for you.
Post a Comment