Friday, 31 March 2006

A first...
Today I got the train from Belfast to Bangor for the first time in my life. I don’t really associate trains with Northern Ireland, we’re way too dependent on our cars in this country. But I love travelling by train – gives you time and space to think, and you can watch the world go by. I love getting the train in Scotland – some great scenery goes past. Even today in the drizzle and dullness, Belfast Lough was looking wildly beautiful, surrounded by the hills.

2 comments:

Jer said...

Hey Debs! Marie here. I should get your advice on the train. My hubby and I are coming there in May and we were wanting to go to Scotland. We'll have to chat soon. I miss all you Northern Irish folk!

Thinking of and praying for you dear.

Unknown said...

Belfast - Beautiful.... wha? Now very worried!!!