What rocked & what sucked
What rocked about last week:
- The new series of ER reaching Channel 4 screens
- Watching a repeat of Michael Palin’s ‘Himalaya’ series – the one where he does Tiger Leaping Gorge, Lijiang etc – all the places I visited last August. I watched it with my parents and was madly yelling at the TV everytime Michael Palin set foot on a bit of ground I just might have walked on…I want to go baaaack!!
- Steve Coogan & Rob Brydon on the Chris Moyles show on Radio 1 on Wednesday morning, don’t usually find them funny, but they made me chuckle to myself on my way to work – always an achievement at 7.45am.
- Kayaking yesterday – I was teeth-chatteringly cold, couldn’t feel my fingers or feet, my legs were cramping up, was making quite a few mistakes, but I was having an absolute blast
- Getting the completion date settled on the sale of my house
- Managing to swim 52 lengths in just under 40 minutes, mainly I think because the pool felt like it was in the Arctic circle & I just blattered my way up & down to keep warm!
- Hanging out with Mr & Mrs Peter Martin - a good way to start the weekend - thanks guys!
What sucked about last week:
- Work.
- The end of the Without a Trace series
- Spending 14 hours driving to & from or for work
- Expecting to hear about a job I’ve applied for but there’s been nothing in the post so far
- Trying to get my head round the question in my social policy assignment due at the end of next month
- Desperately wanting to escape off abroad somewhere for some adventure & fun but knowing that escapism isn’t the answer and that the grass can be greener on the other side
- A bit of my exhaust on my car needing replacement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey, if you do need some escapism, we have plenty of room... just so you know... there is a spare bed... any time you like... or not...
Post a Comment