In China!
Well we have safely arrived in China and are staying in the old part of the city of Lijiang in Yunnan province - it is beautfiul, full of narrow old, cobbled streets. There are what feels like millions of tourists (Westerners are by far the minority, Japanese and CHinese inthe majority - they have interesting dress-sense!) but that makes for interesting people-watching! Just had a plateful of Tibetan veg dumplings - v tasty and we've just been wandering around getting oursevles acclimatised and getting info on what to do next.
Yesterday was a day of firsts:
FOr the first time I flew first-class (the last seats we could get on an internal flight and only 10 quid dearer than economy) - great to have the leg-rom and the first class lounge was quite a surreal experience!
I also managed to successfully consume a meal using chopsticks - felt rather proud of that one!
And I experienced my first Chinese toilet...a squat toilet, mmm lovely - NOT! I think I'll have good strong quadriceps by the end of the month!
Alrightie, I think it's time to find a wee cup of jasmine tea and soak up some more atmosphere...until the next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment