Chengdu
Well we've made it to Chengdu but not without 'adventures' along the way! I managed to lose my purse (or maybe it was stolen) at the airport or on the flight today - it had my credit & bank cards, currency and travellers' cheques in it. Major bummer! Thankfully I had some other cash and travellers' cheques in another pocket in my bag, but I've had to cancel all my cards and the phonecalls to do that cost a flippin bomb. So for a while today I'd lost my sense of humour, plus I came down with a bit of a cold yesterday so I've been feeling a bit rough. Thankfully Melanie is doing loads better after her altitude sickness. Our taxi ride today from the airport to our hostel was rather eventful too, because people drive like absolute maniacs in this city. Melanie compared it to white-water rafting in grade 5 rapids, & I lost count of how many times my life flashed before my eyes! There were numerous "Holy Henry"s to say the least! Tonight we hadn't a clue where to start looking for a bite to eat so ended up going against our principles and having a KFC! We also had a wee wander in a local park - the 'People's Park' - where we watched loads of people out doing their tai-chi - fascinating!
Well we're back in the mood for more adventures, but send up a wee prayer for us - cheers!
Over & out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment