Friday, 29 July 2005

What's faithful witness?
I’ve been amazed by the number of customers at Eason’s buying magazines on subjects such as fortune-telling and New Age spirituality. Part of me wishes I could refuse to sell the magazines to them and tell them they're barking up the wrong tree! But that wouldn’t exactly be the right way to go about things either. So I find myself silently praying that God would reveal himself to them. I also find it awkward when lads coming in to buy their copies of ‘Nuts’ and ‘Loaded’. It feels weird to be smiling and politely giving them their change when they’re about to fill their minds with guff and stuff that isn’t respectful towards women. But then today I was thinking that really I should be praying for every customer as I serve them – everyone needs Jesus regardless of whether they’re reading tarot cards or whatever!

No comments: