Thursday, 16 June 2005

What's been happenin'...
Well it would seem I haven’t been very ‘purpose-driven’ recently considering my lack of blogging over the past week or so. Actually I’ve been somewhat absorbed by other things…namely planning a month-long trip to China in 8 weeks’ time! Woo-hoo! I’m going with a friend and we’re hoping to spend some time in Yunnan, Sichuan and then Thailand or Vietnam, doing a spot of trekking etc. If you saw any of Michael Palin’s ‘Himalaya’ programme last year, some of the places on our itinerary were featured on it e.g. Tiger Leaping Gorge. I cannot wait! Unfortunately I can’t get unpaid leave so when I come back mid-September I’ll be jobless. But to be honest I’m not too worried – it will work out and God will keep me right.

So I’m trying to get fit and have been trying to bike to work most days and do some extra biking round the local country roads in the afternoons/evenings, wish the weather would settle though, I hate biking in wind and rain! Actually I fell off last week, felt like a right prat so hopped right back on to try and salvage some credibility. When I got home I had to turf my trainers into the washing machine as they were rather spattered with blood, and had to go to my next-door neighbour to ask for some antiseptic. It’s sad but I feel quite proud of my ‘war-wound’ – makes me feel like a ‘proper cyclist’ (though believe me if you saw the cut of me you’d know I’m far from that, I barely know how to use the gears!).

Eason’s is going good, still enjoying it and it is still so blissful to be working part-time and have time for other things during the day, such as watching a spot of tennis now that there’s actually some on terrestrial TV (bring on Wimbles, yay!). At work I’ve had the dubious pleasure of sorting out the Mills & Boon books and the titles really take the biscuit! It seems that if you’re a male doctor, cowboy, sheikh, Greek tycoon or even banker, you have instant sex appeal. I think my ‘favourite’ titles are: ‘Lover Undercover’, ‘The Last Man in Texas’, ‘Expecting the Cop’s Baby’ and ‘Crime and Passion’…NOT!

Was at the Third Day concert last week, along with what seemed like the rest of Northern Ireland’s Christian community – it’s rather weird the way you constantly bump into folk you know, bit like a mini Summer Madness. Personally I find it a bit claustrophobic. Anyway it was a really great show. And I was at my first ever cosmetics party the week before that courtesy of Virgin Vie and an old school pal. Quite an experience, thought I’d be a bit intimidated considering I’m really not into the whole make-up scene and can barely put mascara on without poking my eye out. But actually it was a good laugh, the group was like a pack of wee kiddies let loose in a sweetie shop (that's ‘candy store’ for all you N American people!). Yesterday’s latest adventure was that I came home to find a bird in my house, yes that’s right, a flippin’ bird! It must have come down the chimney as there was soot all round the fireplace. The funny thing is that the fireguard is still in place so it must have managed to squeeze out without knocking over the fireguard or any of my candles! When I walked into the house it was flapping about in my bedroom desperately trying to get out, poor thing. So had to get a couple of plastic bags over my hands, try to cup it and force it (gently!) out a window. Unfortunately there’s bird poop round quite a few of my windows, it’s been fun cleaning that up!

So there you go that’s the latest score on the doors with me – I’m enjoying life!

No comments: