The tagging thing
Ok, I was zooming round the blogosphere the other night and came across someone who had been tagged with some music questions. So I thought I would share the love and emailed a few fellow soul adventurers (no offence if I didn’t email you, probably just means I don’t have your email address!) to get them in on the action. With hindsight I probably should have answered the questions myself on my blog to get the ball rolling…I’m not very good at this! Anyway here’s my answers to the questions…(feel free to join in on your blog…and if you don’t have a blog…why not?! Yes Mr Allan Grier, what do you have to say for yourself?!)
01. Total volume of music files on my computer?
Zilch actually! Yes I may be the owner of a palm, I may be at ease with computers and blog regularly etc but actually I really haven’t gotten into the whole technological music revolution. I don’t think I could even give a coherent definition for what MP3 files are! I’m quite happy with sticking my CD’s into the CD player or my computer, and I like having tangible CD sleeves to look at. Actually I don’t think my computer could keep up anyway, it’s slow enough as it is.
02. The last CD I bought was?
Athlete’s ‘Vehicles & Animals’, their debut album before the current ‘Tourist’, it was going cheap in Woolies. Haven’t listened to it enough yet to really get a feel for it, but so far it’s a pretty good listen.
03. Song playing right now:
Marc Cohn’s ‘The Rainy Season’ – one of my all-time favourite albums, I love his song-writing.
04. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me:
Man it’s hard to narrow it down to 5! But here goes (in no particular order)…
Walk on – U2 – blogged about this last year as it became meaningful at a time when I felt like I wanted to give up and walk away from what God was asking me to do. This song helped me to keep going even when it hurt like hell.
Rest for the Weary – Marc Cohn –This song is really mellow, perfect for going to sleep to, or chilling out with a wee glass of wine in a candle-lit room. I’m not wanting to over-spiritualise but it reminds me of Jesus when he said "Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
It’s Ok – Delirious – Love their Mezzamorphis album, there are so many great lines in it that echo my heart’s cries to God. It’s kind of depressing but I think depressing songs are sometimes the best. It’s the line in this song – ‘it’s ok, you know I’ll live to find another way" that reaches me. Sometimes you just need to hear something that recognises something of the pain and struggle in your own heart.
Wires – Athlete – this is an awesome track. I love the way it tells a story – you can see it all playing out in your head and you’re running down the corridors with the guy, you feel the emotions of fear, despair, anxiety…and then suddenly there’s hope, there’s that glorious moment when you know everything’s going to be ok. The string arrangement is brilliant, it’s a really well-produced track, yet beautiful in its simplicity too.
Bittersweet Melody – The Verve – This is has got to be one of the best anthemic tracks of the last few years. It really gets you going and I love it turned right up!
05. Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why?
Erm aye well I kind of did that already albeit in a rather technophobic fashion via email!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment