In the land of the free
I'm in America! And having an absolute ball to myself! Staying in Michigan with John & Abbey Johnston, just got here Wednesday night and it's just been so great - feeling really relaxed. It's absolutely Baltic outside today, a right bit of snow falling, but some blue skies too which is nice. Took a quick walk through downtown Grand Rapids but it was so blinkin' cold we went into the first coffee shop we came across to thaw out! I'm not exactly here to do lots of touristy stuff, more to hang out - and it's just so great! Feel like I'm really being ministered to - there'll probably be a post about that on my Burnout Blog at some stage.
Today I briefly met this guy who is big into hunting and in his study he has a number of stag heads and a stuffed bear that he has shot! Wow! I realise that could offend some people's sensitivities but I just found it fascinating to see this thing looking back at me! Last night a couple of John & Abbey's friends came round just to hang out which was really great craic. We started playing this crazy coin-tossing game on the kitchen floor which was so hilarious. Johnboy corrupted us enough to play a drinking game version with Diet Coke - if the person next to you got their penny into your glass you had to down it in one! I ended up consuming 2 full tumblers of Diet Coke - felt the burn! Needless to say there was lots of belching going on!
Yesterday afternoon John dropped me off at the mall while he had some things to do. Those of you who know me well will be wondering how on earth I coped with being in a mall - shopping is usually my idea of torture! But actually I enjoyed just wandering casually around, no pressure, just taking it all in. Plus I bought a pair of good trail shoes for $50 - with the favourable exchange rate at the moment, I thought it was a pretty good deal.
So that's the latest so far. Until the next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment