Tuesday, 13 July 2004

Holiday adventures
I'm in Italy - woo-hoo! This is the second day of my adventure and it really is rather hilarious (in a good way of course!). I got to my destination last night - a random place in the mountains in Abruzzo, Bolognano - found out about the hostel on the internet and it is just gorgeous. The scenery is fab. I've got the cutest little appartment belonging to the hostel - one bedroomed, so cute and looks out onto the most delightful wee courtyard which has cute wee kittens and dogs running round. Unfortuntately the neighbours next door can be heard quite clearly and the mother and son seemed to have an animated and heated argument which went on for at least 20 minutes last night! The hostel is family-owned and I think they've taken pity on me especially with my poor attempts at speaking Italian! The only thing is that it's totally in the back of beyond and the owners have to keep giving me lifts to and from the train station! This morning four people in total at the hostel were occupied in finding me a way of getting to a place called Sulmona, including one of the other guests who thankfully spoke English - I've been chuckling inwardly to myself quite a lot! Anyway, today I'm in Sulmona (after having sat at a train station for 2 hours waiting on a train, and unfortunately there's not a big pile to do, everything shuts down during siesta time. However I've been engaging in that most entertaining of holiday pursuits - people-watching and eating ice-cream - gee it's a hard life! Anyway better go get my train back to Bolognano!

No comments: