Sunday, 14 March 2004

Young at heart
Thanks to everyone for their votes of confidence in my youth – nice wee boost to the old ego! Just want to try and clarify my muddled thoughts… I just think that there’s a danger for me despite my youthfulness to think that my views are representative/typical of the views of young people or that I’m always in touch. I’m bound to have a very different outlook on life from a 14 year old! Been reading a lot for my Masters about the oppression of young people, ageism, adultism etc and it’s just got me thinking!

Here's to St Pat
Seeing as it’s St Paddy’s Day this week, let’s get in the mood without reaching for the green artificial colouring!

"I bind unto myself today the power of God to hold and lead,
his eye to watch, his might to stay, his ear to harken to my need,
the wisdom of my God to teach, his hand to guide, his shield to ward,
the Word of God to give me speech, his heavenly host to be my guard."

The entire Confession of St Patrick can be found here.

No comments: