Mouse Update
The mouse in my house turned out to be a lone operator – good job too! However I dreamt last night that there was a rat in my house, although for some reason it was a cross between a rat and a beaver (?!?), whatever it was it qualified as a rodent so my dream had a somewhat nightmarish quality to it!
Just give me Jesus!
Life has been pretty stressful recently mainly because I’ve been letting things get on top of me and generally I’ve just been failing miserably in the spiritual health department. I’ll warn everyone now…for the next 2 years you’re going to hear me moan about my Masters course and how I’ve got so much work to do! So anyway there’s been a distinct lack of blogs as thon Martin boy keeps reminding me!
This past week I feel like God’s been pulling me up short and asking, “So, do you love me?” And I’ve basically been wanting to pull my hoodie over my head and find something interesting in the carpet. Today at church the sermon was based on Jeremiah 2 where God is asking Israel why they have rejected him when he has been so good to them. In verse 5 He asks, “What fault did your fathers find in me, that they strayed so far from me?” It struck me, how on earth can we ever turn our backs on God? It really is ludicrous the way we battle so much to go our own way when all we need is in God. Sometimes we let God get so small and forget just how great he is, how nothing is too big for him to handle. A while ago I came across this quote: "We are able to have as much of God as we want. Christ puts the key to His treasure chest in our hands and invites us to take all we desire. If someone is allowed into a bank vault, told to help himself to the money, and leaves without one cent, whose fault is it if he remains poor? And whose fault is it that Christians usually have some meagre portions of the free riches of God?" (Quoted from a book called “God Whispers” published by Relevant.) It’s so true, surely if I went out on a limb to trust my God, I would discover that he would indeed supply. Why settle for second-best when God’s best is readily available to us?
I also read this the other day & it brought some comfort: “Christianity is the only religion where you don’t have to clean yourself up before you can be saved and healed. Jesus’ love for His sons and daughters is enough to win our hearts back from all the struggles we’re bound to.” (Derek Webb, one of the Caedmon’s Call crew, writing in Relevant magazine.) Amen!
Sunday, 2 November 2003
Labels:
God stuff,
Homelife,
Study,
Words of Wisdom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment