Sunday, 14 September 2003

Give us this day our daily bread
Been thinking about this line an awful lot recently. Actually ever since I heard a sermon on it in August. It just really struck me. I’ve always limited that prayer to asking God for the basic essentials in life. But recently I’ve just realised that it’s so much more than that – it’s an asking prayer, but yet it requires trust on our part for God to deliver. These days I’m in a bit of a flat spin, everything has been changing – Johnboy Johnston leaving DYFC, Leanne joining the DYFC team (DV she arrives in NI this week – yee-hah!), buying a house (the saga continues, I NEVER want to go through this again! I get the keys at the end of the month DV, although it was supposed to be last week…don’t get me started!!!), starting a Masters course mid-October – it’s manic! And us humans just don’t like change… which is exactly why we have to ask for our daily bread – we have to ask for what we need for the day ahead…every day. I’m a bit random in my prayers so I really could do with learning from this. Maybe if I prayed for God’s grace to cover me each day then I wouldn’t mess up so bad as I sometimes do. And each day is only meant to be taken one day at a time. I need to trust that God will help me get through today, and not worry about tomorrow, because his cup of grace will be full then too, it won’t run out. God’s love is new each day, if I truly took that on board afresh every morning how differently would I live each day?

What I learned yesterday on a wee shopping trip:
- Irons with a stainless steel base iron far better than other irons because they glide over the clothes better. Needless to say, they are far more expensive & I decided to go for the cheap option!
- "Rinse hold" is where you can make your washing machine leave your clothes in the water so that if you're out all day and don't get the chance to take out your laundry as soons as the cycle is finished, the clothes won't crease. Amazing!
You learn something new every day!

No comments: